Sunday, December 26, 2010

Here goes nothing

As I sit down to write my  first ever blog, I am almost at a loss for words.  I don't even know where to begin.  With this year winding down and coming to an end, I have a lot to look back on.  Relationships, friendships, jobs and just everyday life.


I have one semester left of school and I am scared shitless.  I sit back and wonder what I am going to do when I graduate.  I apply and apply to jobs and keep looking everywhere.  I find nothing but nos and unpaid internship offers.  Last I checked, lack of money doesn't pay the bills.  There is the option of coming back to school once I graduate in May.  Then this brings up the where in the hell am I going to get another $30,000.  I am over my head in school debt.  I once had a friend tell me that the amount of money doesn't matter as long as I end up doing something that makes me happy.  I get what he is saying, but I also need to know that when I do graduate and go into the working world that I am not going to be drowning in debt as soon as I get my first paycheck.  I am 21 and I am in more debt then most people twice my age.


Enough about the sad part of school, on to something a little more fun.  This past semester has been one of the best that I can say that I have ever had.  I became friends with some of the greatest people and I can say that I am going to miss them all next semester.  I have to go back to the 'wonderful' world of Communication Studies.  It is going to be nowhere near as fun as the class in HRI.  Even when there is a professor who can't teach or a lecture that we all don't want to go to, it seemed as if it could always be fun.  From Cafe B long islands to bottles of wine at Jake's this semester has been a very fun time.  College is for fun and friends and even a little bit of booze.  Some nights with more than others.  


This is my final thought for the night.  More is to come, I can promise you that.  Here a quote that will be the start of my next post. "Love is blind. Friendship tries not to notice."


xoxo~Megan

1 comment: